Anyone who knows me knows I’m useless at packing. I’m the queen of excess baggage, so indecisive that I need a plethora of outfit choices depending on my mood. Well, shock horror, this past mini break saw me breaking all my rules. With 10kg of packable weight I knew I needed to change my usual game plan, and that this time around some planning was going to be the key. I did what I never do and tried everything on, consulted the weather forecast and took a few deep breaths. The result being a pared back mix and match selection which actually worked!!!
Here’s what I packed:
1) One kimono for poolside/beach general lounging around the hotel and for extra warmth come evening.
2) One dress that can be worn day or night, with heels or flats and teamed with a jacket. This slinky leopard slip dress is a total bargain, £15 from Primark and comes in lots of colours. I also took a lightweight kimono style jacket and pashmina which I could fit into my bag in the evening for warmth.
3) One pair of shorts, one linen vest, one linen shirt. These three items were a mix and match essential, could be worn layered up (I used the shirt as a beach cover up too) I always prefer white denim shorts, but swap out for blue denim if that’s more your style.
4) Jeans (absolute essential) a denim jacket (I love my old Levi’s denim jacket, it gets softer and more wearable as it ages).
5) Loose cut trousers or a long skirt, two items that can be worn both day and evening. I love my lemon print floaty trousers from Never Fully Dressed.
6) A well cut swimsuit and an itsy-bitsy string bikini… both in colours that sit well under my kimono, I’m a blue girl, so lean towards that colour for summer swimwear. The swimwear I packed are both samples from a swimwear collection that Lisa and I have been working on… let us know your thoughts!!!
6) And last, but by no means least, I packed my old Sandy Tan sandals, and wore them pretty much most of the time (except for one night when I wore a pair of sparkly heels, but I could’ve worn the sandy tans because they looked just as nice with the leopard dress!)
So that’s my packing list… excluding undies, don’t forget to pack them 🤣😉